January 2023 – A 2022 stock market update
Lately it feels like the world is lurching from one crisis to the next. With all that is going on, you may be wondering if now is the right time to invest or how current events are affecting your investment.
To kick off this event series we’ll take a look at 2022 – which was the worst year for stock/bond-portfolios since 1871.
Here are the main reasons :
- Macroeconomics: 2022 was the year of macroeconomic shifts and extremes.
- Equities: global stocks suffered a 20% decline in 2022.
- Commodities: 2022 was also a very volatile time for commodities, with energy prices being unpredictable all year.
This webinar is mostly interactive and consists of 2 parts:
- A short presentation on a relevant topic influencing the stock market (max. 15 min)
- An interactive Q&A session about the topics that matter to you (up to 45 min)
In this monthly Market Update Series, we’ll introduce you to a new global topic and we will help you understand how these global challenges might be affecting your portfolio. In addition to the insights we bring, a majority of the event will be dedicated to your questions about investing. You can either submit these questions in advance or ask them during the event.
Our experts from the Investment Office are looking forward to answering your questions.
We look forward to seeing you there – register now for free!
You’re also welcome to share the invitation with your friends – attending a webinar is even more fun together!
25th January 2023
Speaker: Cristian, CIO at Inyova
Host: Carmen, Senior Marketing Manager
General information on investment strategies in “difficult” times can be found in our blog post on this topic.